Tuesday, April 30, 2019

NIQAB BAN IN SRI LANKA - FROM ONE NIQABI TO ANOTHER



To my dear Niqabi sisters in Sri Lanka, I know you're hurting. I know that complying to the law of the country right now is something you will do but I know that despite you accepting it, you feel hurt, betrayed and burdened for what some terrorists out there did. You're paying the price for something that has nothing to do with you or your Niqab. 

I know that it's also easy for people to say 'Oh for God's sake, it's just a piece of cloth. Stop whining. People have died and you can't even sacrifice your veil!' To those who think that way, we are sacrificing it for the security of the country but don't you think for a moment that it's an easy choice on us. The thought of stepping out of the house without the Niqab will feel as though we've been stripped of something we hold extremely dear to our hearts. But then again, you can never understand and I don't expect you to. This is a pain that only another Niqabi can relate to.

To my dear strong Niqabi sisters, I want you to not lose hope at this point. Please recall the Treaty of Hudaibiyyah. The terms of the Treaty were totally not in the favour of Muslims but yet, Prophet Muhammad signed it. This made the Sahabah so worried so much so that Umar ral asked, "Are we not right and our enemy wrong?" The Prophet answered, "Yes." Umar asked, "Why do we then disgrace our religion?"

The Messenger of Allah (saw) said, "I am the Messenger of Allah and I will never disobey Him and He is my support." 

It was this Treaty of Hudaibiyyah that Allah calls the 'Manifest victory' in the Quran. It seemed as though it was unfair on the Muslims and Islam but through this, Allah set the course for the ultimate victory.

So my Niqabi sisters, be honoured that Allah chose you to bring about a great good. I know right now it's very hard but hold on to patience and know that Allah's help is very near. Huge hugs to all you awesome Sri Lankan Niqabis. I'm so incredibly proud of you and I pray that Allah gives you immense strength and patience at this time. Chin up girls and lots of love!

1 comment:

  1. Asalaamu alaikum my dear Sister in Islam

    I think it is deplorable that the Sri Lanka government passed a law that bans wearing the niqab. I think that our Muslim sisters in Sri Lanka should not remove their niqab. Choosing to wear the niqab is a covenant between Allah and it's wearer. No creation of Allah can force a sister to break a covenant with her rabb. No creation of Allah can force a sister to disobey the orders of Allah. The sisters who choose to remove their niqab, have abandoned submission to Allah. This is an opportunity for the niqab sisters in Sri Lanka to give dawah. By taking a stand to not remove it shows that they fear Allah more than man's wrath. Like our messenger(pbuh) We should never disobey Allah because he is our support. May Allah protect us and increase our iman. Ameen.

    ReplyDelete