Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A COMPILATION OF SIMPLE DUAS TO BE RECITED DURING RAMADHAN


We’ll never know if this will be our last Ramadhan, so we should make sure that we make use of every second in this Blessed Month by remembering these simple Duas to be recited in the first 10 days, second 10 days and the last 10 days of Ramadhan respectively. All it takes is a few minutes and SubhanAllah, what great rewards we can get through these Duas. For one thing, you can be sure of getting closer to Allah by reciting these Duas, for another these supplications were taught by our beloved Muhammad (sallalahu alaihi wasallam) and following his Sunnah gets us the reward of a Fardh. Duas will elevate our status in the day of Qiyamah and for all we know reciting these Duas may be the cause for our entrance into Jannah and protection from Jahannam. Remember, Allah is never in need of our, we are the ones who need Allah to listen to us, to hear our needs and wants.

First Ashra (from 1st Ramadan to 10th of Ramadan)

The first ten days of Ramadhan are the days of Rahamath. Recites these Duas taught by our Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alaihi wasallam) to make sure that we receive Allah’s infinite mercy and love:

اللهمً اِرحمنا برحمتِكِ يا اَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِِمِين
(Allahumma arhamnaa birahmathika ya arhama rahimaeen)  
Oh Allah, Have mercy on us Oh the Most Merciful.
يَا حَيُّ يَا قَيُّوْمُ بِرَحْمَتِكَ أَسْتَغِيْث
Yaa Hayy Yaa Qayyoom birahmatika astagheeth
Oh You Who is Everliving and Sustains and Protects everything, I seek assistance through the means of Your mercy.
ربَّنا رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

Rabbana rabbir hamhuma kama rabbayani saghira                                                         My Lord! bestow on them (parents) thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood.

اللَّهُمَّ اِنّى اسْتَغْفِرُكَ لِذَنْبِى وَ اسْئَلُكَ رَحْمَتَكَ

Allahumma inni astaghfiruka li dhanbi wa as'aluka rahmatak
O Allah!  I ask You for Forgiveness for my sins, and for Your Mercy.


رَبَّنَا آمَنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَا وَأَنتَ خَيْرُ الرَّاحِمِينَ

Rabbana amannaa faghfir lana warhamna wa anta khayrur Rahimeen                            Our Lord! We believe; then do Thou forgive us, and have mercy upon us: For Thou art the Best of those who show mercy

Second Ashra (from 11th Ramadan to 20th Ramadan)

The second ten days of Ramadhan is the time when Allah opens the doors of forgiveness on us more than anytime of the year, so seek forgiveness from Allah with these Duas:
الَّلهمً اغْفِرلَنا ذُنوبَنا وَ خَطَايانا كُلَّهَا يَا رَبَّ العَالمين
Allahumma agh’firlana wa khathaayana kullaha ya rabbal aalameen
Oh Allah, forgive all of our sins and mistakes Oh Lord of the Worlds.
اَللّٰهُمَّ اَنْتَ رَبِّىْ لآ اِلٰهَ اِلَّا اَنْتَ خَلَقْتَنِىْ وَاَنَاْ عَبْدُكَ وَاَنَاْ عَلٰى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ اَعُوْذُبِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ اَبُوْءُلَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَىَّ وَاَبُوْءُ بِذَمنْبِىْ فَا اغْفِرْلِى فَاِنَّه لَا يَغْفِرُ الذَّنُوْبَ اِلَّا اَنْتَ
'Allaahmma anta rabbee laa ilaaha illaa Anta khalaqtanee wa ana 'abduka wa ana 'alaa 'ahdika wa wa'dika mastata't A'oothu bika min sharri ma sana't Aboo'u laka bi ni'matika alayya wa aboo'u laka bi zhanbee Faghfir lee Fa innahoo laa yaghfiruth-thunooba illaa ant.'
O Allah, You are my Lord. There is no God besides You. You created me and I am Your servant, following Your covenant and [my] promise to You as much as I can. I seek refuge in You from the evil that I have done. Before You I acknowledge Your blessings bestowed upon me and I confess my sins to You. So forgive me, for surely no one can forgive sins except You.
اللَّهُمَّ اعْفِرْلِى ذَنْبِئ كُلَّهُ، و جِلَّهُ، وَ أوَّلَهُ وَ آخِرَهُ عَلا نِيَتَهُ وَ سِرَّهُ
Allahumma-aghfir li dhanbi kullahu, wa jillahu, wa awwalahu wa akhirahu, wa 'ala niyatahu wa sirrahu
O Allah! Forgive me all my sins, great and small, the first and the last, those that are apparent and those that are hidden.
لا إِلَهَ اِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمين
La illaha illa Anta Subhanak, inni kuntu min adh-dhalimeen
There is no God but You; Glory be to You, Truly I have been one of the wrongdoers.

اللّهُـمَّ إِنِّـي ظَلَـمْتُ نَفْسـي ظُلْمـاً كَثـيراً وَلا يَغْـفِرُ الذُّنـوبَ إِلاّ أَنْت ، فَاغْـفِر لي مَغْـفِرَةً مِنْ
عِنْـدِك وَارْحَمْـني، إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ الغَـفورُ الرَّحـيم

Allaahumma inni zalamtu nafsi zulman katheeran wa laa yaghfir ul-dhunooba illa anta faghfir li maghfiratan min ‘indaka warhamni innaka anta al-ghafoor al-raheem
O Allaah, I have wronged myself greatly and no one forgives sins but You, so grant me forgiveness from You and have mercy on me, for You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.


  أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ الْعَظِيمَ الَّذِي لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْْقَيُّومُ وَ أَتُوبُ إِلَيْهِ

Astaghfirullaahal-‘Azeem alladhi laa ilaaha illa huwal-hayyul-qayyoom wa atoobu ilayhi
I ask forgiveness of Allaah the Almighty, besides Whom there is no god, the Ever-Living, the Eternal, and I repent to Him


أسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ وَ أتُوبُ إلَيْهِ

Astaghfirullaha wa atūūbu ilaihi
I seek the Forgiveness of Allah and repent to Him.


اللْهُمَّ إِنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّي
Allahumma innaka `afuwwun tuhibbul `afwa fa`fu `annee
O Allah, You are pardoning and You love to pardon, so pardon me.
أسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ ربِّي مِن كلِّ ذنب وََّ اتُوبُ اِليه
"Astaghfirullaha rabbi min kulli zhambiyu wa atoobu ilayh
O Allah! I seek forgiveness from all my sins, and I turn towards You in repentance.


رَبَّنَا ظَلَمْنَا أَنفُسَنَا وَإِن لَّمْ تَغْفِرْ لَنَا وَتَرْحَمْنَا لَنَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ

Rabbana Dhalamna anfusina wa il lam taghfir lana wa tarhamna lana kuna minal-khasireen 
Our Lord! We have wronged our own souls: If thou forgive us not and bestow not upon us Thy Mercy, we shall certainly be lost.


رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيَّ وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الْحِسَابُ

Rabbanaghfir li wa li wallidayya wa lil Mu'mineena yawma yaqumul hisaab
O our Lord! Cover (us) with Thy Forgiveness - me, my parents, and (all) Believers, on the Day that the Reckoning will be established!


أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ الْعَظِيمَ الَّذِي لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْْقَيُّومُ وَ أَتُوبُ إِلَيْهِ

 Astaghfirullah al-'Adheemal-ladhi la ilaha illa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyum wa atubu ilaih
 I seek the forgiveness of Allah the Mighty, Whom there is none worthy except Him, the Living, The Eternal, and I repent unto Him


يا واسَعَ الفَضْل اغْفِرْلي

Ya Wasi 'al fadhli ighfirli
Oh the One who is great in Bounties, Forgive me.


الَّلهمَّ مَغْفِرَتُكَ أَوْسَع مِن ذُنوبي وَرَحْمتُكَ أَرْجَى عِنْدي مِن عَمَل

Allahuma maghfiratoka awsaa’ min zhunoobi Wa rahmatoka arja ‘indey min ‘amalee
Oh Allah, Your forgiveness is greater than my sins and my hope in Your mercy is greater to me than my actions.


Third Ashra (from 21st Ramadan to end of Ramadan)

The last 10 days of Ramadhan is for emancipation from the fire of Jahannam. Recite these Duas to ask Allah for protection against the hellfire:


رَبَّنَا آتِنَا فِي الدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةً وَفِي الآخِرَةِ حَسَنَةً وَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

Rabbana atina fid-dunya hasanatan wa fil ‘akhirati hasanatan waqina ‘adhaban-nar
Our Lord! Grant us good in this world and good in the hereafter, and save us from the chastisement of the fire


الَْلهُمَّ أَجِِرْنَا مِنَ النَّار

Allahumma Ajirni Minan Naar
Oh Allah, save us from the fire of Hell.


الَّلهُمَّ اَعْتِقنا مِنَ انًارِ وَ اَدْخِلْنا الجَنَةَ يا َرَبَّ العَلَمين

Allahumma a’thiknaa mina-nari wa adhuhulnal jannatha ya rabbal Alameen.
Oh Allah, protect us from the Hellfire and enter us into Paradise, Oh Lord of the worlds.


الَّلهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْألُكَ الجَّنَّةَ وَأَعُوذُبِِِكَ مِنَ النَّار

Allahumma innee Asalukal jannah waa’uzubika minna naar 
Oh Allah, I ask For Paradise, and Protection from the fire.





Specific Dhikr to be recited after every Fardh Salaah in Ramadhan

Recite the following dikr throughout Ramadan after every fardh Salah.

أشهد أن لا اله إلا الله استغفرالله أسألك ألجنة واعوذ بك من النار


Ashhadu allailaha illallah asthagfirullah as-alukal jannatha wa audhubka minannaar (3times)

I bear witness that there is no God but Allah, O Allah forgive me, give me Paradise, protect me from Hell Fire


There's a famous Hadith in which 4 things to be done in great abundance in Ramadhan, "two which please Allah and two which you cannot do without"

Two which please Allah: 1. Read Kalimah Tayyibah in abundance 2. Seek forgiveness from Allah

Two which you can't do without: 3. Ask Allah for entry into Jannah 4. Seek protection from the fire of Jahannam


May Allah grant us the Thowfeeq to do all these A’maals in the blessed month of Ramadhan, In Sha Allah. And if you do remember, please make Dua for the whole of the Ummah and I humbly ask you to make Dua for me and my family too.


رَبَّنا تَقَبَّل مِنَّا اِنّك انت السميع العليم، آمين

Oh Allah, Accept from us for surely You are the All-Hearer, All-Knowing. Ameen.



7 comments:

  1. JAZAKALLAH SIS, If I tweet this i too will get the same reward if that person reads right..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asalamu alaikum,

    JazakAllah khair for sharing these du'a may Allah reward you, Aameen.

    I love niqaab and im a brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asalamu alaikum,

    JazzakAllah for you for this du'a may Allah bless you hereafter.

    I need a favor can you please write for me this dikr in Arabic.

    Astaghfirullah al-ladhi la ilaha illa Huwa ar-rahman-ir-Rahim al-hayyul Qayyum alladhi la yamutu wa atubu ilaihi Rabbighfirili.

    Please email me if done…

    ReplyDelete
  5. But there is no basis of saying this that the first ashra is o rehma nd 2nd of forgiveness nd the the third, the hadith that states this is said to be da'if.

    ReplyDelete