Wednesday, September 3, 2014

INTERVIEW: FROM ONE SISTER TO ANOTHER





Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu!

Alhamdulillah, here we have another lovely interview with so much of inspiration, particularly for the youth of today. May Allah makes everyone reading this benefit from it, In Sha Allah!


How would you describe yourself in a few words? 

I'm Umm Abdillah, 16 years old. My Parents are from Morocco. I have a mother and sister who wear the Niqab. I'm busy with seeking knowledge about the Deen and memorizing the Quran.

Being a Muslimah is something that is terribly misinterpreted in the world today. How would you explain your life as a Muslim woman? 


Firstly, I'm not oppressed. I'm Alhamdulilah very happy with my life as a Muslimah, seeking knowledge about Deen and wearing the Niqab for Allah. It's a big gift from Allah that He chose you to be a Muslim in a world full of Kufr and corruption. Living for status and wealth isn't life. We are created to worship Allah, and if you do that then you feel free- not when you do the opposite

How old were you when you started wearing the Niqab? 


About 1 month after my 15th birthday, Alhamdulilah.

Any particular reason that inspired you to wear the Niqab? 


Yes. I had contact with sisters who also were young and wore Niqab outside school. So I talked with them and they inspired me. So I decided to buy a Niqab and try to wea it, and Alhamdulilah that Friday I put it on and went to Salaat Jumu'a. A sister who wore Niqab before me also inspired me a lot. Because she was a revert and that's what made me feel ashamed of myself. Barakallahufeeha!

If someone approaches you asking why you wear the Niqab, how would you respond to them? 


I'm convinced about the proofs that Niqab is obligatory. And even if it is Sunnah, you need that hasanaat on the Day of Judgment.

A lot of young Muslimahs nowadays delay wearing the Hijab because they believe that they can wear it once they get older. Any advise for them?

I want to say to them; ''Sisters fear Allah you can be dead earlier than you think. Wollahi if the sisters who died without wearing Hijab in their life could have one chance to live again for 10 minutes then Wollah they would cover themselves up from head to toe.
Sister don't let the day you'll die be the first day you'll be covered.

How different is it wearing the Niqab compared to wearing only the Hijab? 


It's a big difference. With Niqab you feel that you're really covered. When you wear Niqab, you feel sooooo free, because you know Alhamdulilah now I have the correct hijab. And men can't stare at me. And with only hijab you know this is not what Allah wills. And you're scared to die in such a situation. A lot of people don't realize that only a headscarf and a long dress isn't Hijab. And with only Hijab you can still feel man gazing at you.

Allah says: ''This will be more conducive to their being recognized and not annoyed''

So when you wear the full hijab then men will not harm you.

What ways do you think the Muslim youth has been lead astray and how would you say is the best way to get the youth back to Islam? 


Because of the phones, internet and television, the Ummah is lead astray. Because of the forbidden gaze, wasting time, talking to non-mahrams, music, men and woman chatting - wollahi they ruin each other- and looking with jealousy to sisters who uploads a beautiful picture of herself, and they lead brothers also away from the path of Allah. They don't realize that for every man who sees their picture, they bear the sins for that too. Internet is really the Fitnah of this time. It's just so sad. Instead of praying night prayer, they talk on Whatsapp with each other. Instead of reading Quran they talk the whole day with each other. Even in Ramadan. Then they say: "Well I learn a lot of the conversation with the sister.'' Not so much as when you read only 10 minutes Riyaa as- Saliheen. You learn a lot of wrong things from internet. So I really think that this is one of the reasons of the corruption of this time.
Ghair In shaa Allah, We have to do dawah, but Allah turns them back.


Tell us more about your blog 


Eehhm, on my blog you can find Fatawa, pdf Books, Ahadith, and stories. It's also in Dutch because a lot of the people around me don't understand English very well. 

You can find the blog here bintufulaan.wordpress.com

Parting words 


I want to say to sister who wants to and is thinking about wearing Niqab:

Wearing Niqab isn't so hard as you think. When I wore, I thought is this it? THAT what Shaytaan always say to Muslim Woman - ''Niqab is like a mountain that you should drag?'' Na'am, it is hard but when Allah tests you, we will be tested, because "Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?" [Quran 29: 2]

But know that when you succeed in the test, Allah will reward you for your sabr. In shaa Allah

Know that it is the Shariah of Allah, if all woman would not be able to cover their face it would not be a rule in Islam.




Jazakallah khair for the interview Ukhty. I pray that everyone reading it benefits from it as much as I did. Alhamdulillah!


Note: If you would like to be interviewed for our blog, leave us an email on niqablovers@gmail.com and we'll get back to you, In Sha Allah. Sisters only.


2 comments:

  1. Being a niqabi teen these days is so rare that I love finding other girls who do! Barak Allah feeki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MashaAllah..this was very inspiring for me to read. I pray that this young sister's courage and dedication, mashaAllah, inspire other young sisters as well. And I pray that Allah swt keeps her strong and rewards her abundantly in both this world and the next for striving high and reminding the rest of us of our potential; Ameen. JazakAllah khair sister for your blog and these interviews :)

    ReplyDelete